Old February 20th, 2010, 02:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia R.

Default Victoria and Butchart Gardens

John Sisker wrote:
"Marcia R." wrote in message
steve wrote:
Depending on the traffic the approx travel time should be about 40
minutes. The trip usually starts going through town but will soon get
on the highway for the remaining portion

"Marcia R." wrote in message
We are planning on doing the excursion to Butchart Gardens when the
Sapphire Princess docks in Victoria. Does anyone know how far it is
from the ship and if we get to see any of the town while driving
there? My beloved keeps asking me questions AFTER I hang up with
Princess. LOL.

Marcia

Thanks Steve. We just wanted to be able to see something, since we're
not going to be there very long. When we book a shore excursion, the
price should include the admission, right?

Marcia

Marcia,

If you arranged this shore excursion through the cruise line, it will
include admission. Likewise, depending on the actual time of this
excursion, they may drop you off in town on the way back, as an
alternative to going directly back to the ship. Of course, you then need
to get your own transportation back to the ship after exploring the
town. If I recall correctly, I think the cab fare was around $7.00 -
Canadian money.

In town, we were dropped off right by the Government Buildings, and
close to a really good restaurant called Milestones, overlooking the
harbor and Capital Building. That, and our shore excursion itself, made
this one memorable trip.

John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com / www.tinplatedesign.com
Facebook/Twitter/Blog/Flickr/MyPage

If we decide to just take the shuttle from the ship into town, is there
anything to do there besides have dinner? We want to get off the ship,
but since we're not there very long I'm kind of stumped. I've been
reading reviews of the gardens...pro and con...and it is kind of
expensive. I'd only feel comfortable going that far in the time we have
with a shore excursion booked through the ship. This will be on a
Saturday night.

Thanks,
Marcia