Old February 20th, 2010, 05:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia R.

Default Victoria and Butchart Gardens

Jack Hamilton wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:35:25 -0800, "Marcia R."
wrote:

If we decide to just take the shuttle from the ship into town, is there
anything to do there besides have dinner? We want to get off the ship,
but since we're not there very long I'm kind of stumped. I've been
reading reviews of the gardens...pro and con...and it is kind of
expensive. I'd only feel comfortable going that far in the time we have
with a shore excursion booked through the ship. This will be on a
Saturday night.

It's a pleasant (but long) walk from the dock through a residential
neighborhood to the town center.

You might want to take a taxi back - not that it's unsafe, but to save
time.

Princess offers a shuttle that runs between the pier and the
town...whatever that means.

Marcia