Old August 4th, 2006, 09:30 AM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
Manfred Aigner

Default "One bag" travel, which bag is best?

Miguel Cruz wrote:
[..] They suck on stairs, they suck in countries [..]. They suck.

You're right in most points, but a small trolley is perfect for business
travelling, when you do 3-4 day trips, where you only move within
airports, hotels, train stations an central urban areas.... then they
are a perfect thing and since I borrowed a trolley for such a trip some
years ago I don't want to miss it.

For private trips I prefer a small backpack, about 15-20l, which is
enough for most trips. The rule is: The less you bring with you, the
better. Most things you need in a foreign country, which you're not
using at home are much cheaper in your destination country, therefore
there is no need to buy them at home and bring them. Usually there is no
need to bring them back home (what should I do with a moskito net in
Austria?). What I experienced in the last years: The longer I go, the
less luggage I do have (Typically I do have more clothing for a weekend
trip with a lot of activities planned than for a 4 weeks tour where I
need to wash my stuff anyway).

Manfred