Old June 20th, 2017, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_2_]

Default Edinburgh hotels -day rate?

On 6/19/2017 8:15 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
[Best Western, Lauriston Place; daytime bookings]
Yes, if the article I read was right. That was the whole point of
my posting. The hotel isn't going to care WHY you want to book a
room in the middle of the day.

It's many years since I lived in Edinburgh - is that hotel in a
reasonably safe/respectable area? (The room is for my daughter.)

Yes. It's next to the remaining medical buildings of the old Royal
Infirmary. There's another hotel across the street. Tollcross is
a couple of minutes walk west, and that does get a bit rowdy late
at night - I used to live there - but no problem during the day.
Eastwards you've got the luxury flats that used to be the Royal
Infirmary and George Heriot's School.

Thank you - I'm a nervous parent.
I was born nearby, but I know there have been many changes in recent years.