Old September 5th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Berit L

"East Africa" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a safari in tanzania will cost?
Me and my girlfriend are planning to visit this east african country
in November and will be staying there for a week. I checked the
websites, but they have outrageous prices. I am looking for a budget
safari that shouldnt cost more than $1000 for both of us. We are
interested in doing the Serengati safari. Any tips and information
will be appreciated.

I'm going to Tanzania in 3 weeks, and have checked out quite a few different
safari companies. The ones I've had contact with have been either
reccommended to me by people I know, or I've gone by the list in my
guidebook (Bradt). The cheapest offer was from one or two of the ones from
the guidebook list, and it was about twice the price that you want to pay...
The author said that anything cheaper would most likely mean you're going on
a trip with an outfitter that is not operating legally OR safely! So-called
touts or flycatchers It CAN of course be a good trip anyway, if you're
lucky.... but how sad it would be to be denied access to the parks because
the company you're using haven't paid access fees, have the trip end because
their crappy vehicle breaks down, etc etc.....

Berit