Old May 6th, 2008, 09:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
a.a.t.

Default dessert recipe

PANNA COTTA

That is most probably the dessert you ate on the Star Princess, Mr.
Nonny.

I recognized your description when you wrote that it was "pure white".
Panna cotta does not have egg in it.

It is Italian....and the name translates to "cooked cream". And, that
is what it is, cream and sugar cooked with a slight bit of gelatin as
a thickener, etc.

I am sure you will be able to find recipes for Panna Cotta now that
you have the correct name and spelling. It is one of the easiest
desserts to make, and it is especially luscious with some sliced fresh
fruit on top, such as crushed fresh sweetened strawberries or sliced
mango and raspberries.

If you can't find a recipe, I'll be happy to post to you .....but, I'm
sure you will find a gazillion here on the web or in any Italian
cookbook.

ANGELICA