Old April 7th, 2009, 05:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Terry Richards[_2_]

Default Mediterranean Ferries

"Giovanni Drogo" wrote in message
nzoengr.vans.vg...

Which part of Italy (which is long) are you interested in ?

I've never been to Italy so I am still figuring out what I'm interested in.
Definitely Pompeii / Herculaneum and I should probably see Rome at least
once in my life but, after that, I'm open to suggestions.

Do you have any particular reason to skip the ligurian and thyrrenian
coasts ?

No, none at all. I just didn't want to spend 2-3 days on a motorbike each
way just getting to & from.

In fact, we are now looking at taking a train to Lyon and starting from
there.

T.