Old August 29th, 2016, 09:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default Rhein cruises

poldy wrote:

Some people have rationalized cruises, not river cruises, as being
cheaper if you consider that cost of accommodations and transportation
over a similar period, not to mention the included meals.

Convenience more than cost.

And those onboard activities sound hellish, forced participation in
activities when presumably your main interest is to tour the cities.

I'm very good at avoiding forced participation.

Not to mention, in this day and age, being cut off from Internet,
phones, etc. for swaths of time?

Not totally. There is often intermittent wi-fi availability. And I don't
have an international phone.

--
biblioholic medievalist via iPad