Old January 12th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Gary Davis

On 12 Jan 2005 18:27:16 GMT, ando (RTCReferee)
wrote:

"steinbrenner" wrote:

Cruise ship companies would be charged a $50-per-passenger tax under a
proposal by Rep. Carl Gatto, R-Palmer. Gatto introduced a similar bill
two years ago that would have instituted a $100 head tax, but the
proposal did not make it through a single committee.

snip

A similar bill by Rep. Paul Seaton, R-Homer, would charge $75 per
passenger.

Representatives of the industry have argued that taxing cruise ship
companies would hurt business and result in fewer visitors to the
state. But Gatto said the cruise ship passengers he's talked to said a
$50 tax wouldn't have kept them visiting. He said the cruise ship
industry gets "some of the finest scenery in the known universe and
they get it for nothing."

If I keep one eye closed while on deck in Alaska waters can I only pay
half the tax?