Old August 11th, 2010, 05:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default Netherlands Rail Fares - Why Advance purchase??

On 08/10/2010 04:42 AM, Gerrit wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 16:20:13 +0200, Tom P wrote:

SNIP

Well, the driving might be faster if the Netherlands didn't have such a
lot of traffic on the motorways.

Yes, they are saturated in some places.
--

Martin

We were in the Netherlands in April and June (with a car trip to
Scandinavia in between) and had no saturation problems at all. But then
we picked our travel times. :-)
The only time we had a problem was near Hamburg on the way to Denmark.

But you are right about the railway stations being (mostly) a long way
from the boatyards. I would not hesitate to rent a car.

Gerrit - in sunny Albany Western Australia

It depends which part of the country. North of Amsterdam is fairly
quiet. The area Amsterdam, Utrecht, den Haag, Rotterdam is really crowded.

T.