Old September 17th, 2005, 05:21 AM
RsH

I did NOT admit any such thing... I said that some MAY have been given
the designation. I did not say I know that happened. Do not twist my
words for your own purposes. You made the statement that this happened,
and YOU need to provide the proof. Also, make certain that you are not
talking about people who were properly grandfathered into the
assocation; that often happens with the agreement of the national
association when a merger of two groups takes place, but those
grandfathered in ARE QUALIFIED! Otherwise they cannot be grandfathered.

So go back and read what I wrote... there is no such admission, there is
potential agreement with your claim, but not absolute agreement - you
need to provide the proof, just as I can provide proof that CAs have
grandfathered other groups in the past, without requiring the same
standards be met as a new CA needs to meet.

I, as a CGA, can go into the U.S. and easily qualify as a CPA by taking
a simple exam. Then, as a CPA, I can come back to Canada and become a
CA, based on my being a CPA in the US and having been a CGA in Ontario.
I do NOT need to take CA courses. What does that prove? By your logic,
is any such CA is not qualified to be a CA?

For the record, a crook is a crook is a crook, no mater what his
professional designation, or lack of a professional designation. That
applies in the fields of Law, Accounting, Medicine, Financial advice,
etc. I repeat that there MAY have been the odd CGA who passed the exams
without having to take the courses, for one reason or another, and who
was given the designation. That does NOT mean they were not qualified,
it means they had equivalency, or they would not have been granted the
designation, and to suggest otherwise is still slanderous.

Present your PROOF, not inuendo, and do NOT suggest that I agree that
even one CGA was granted a designation as a CGA without having QUALIFIED
for the designation. I am saying no such thing!

RsH
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:33:32 GMT, JamesD wrote:

Glad to see that even a CGA ADMITS THAT UNQUALIFIED BOOKKEEPERS WERE
GIVEN THE CGA DESIGNATION - WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE ANY UPGRADING
COURSES OR EXAMS!!

Copyright retained. My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!