Old September 17th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Al Dente

JamesD wrote:

Al Dente refuses to comment on the FACTS presented

You want facts? Here's the facts:

All provinces and territories in Canada recognize CGAs as qualified
accountants by law. None has made any move to lower that recognition,
not even Alberta and BC, where you claim a few CGAs did bad things.

Provinces that restricted the authority to conduct audits to CAs have
been moving to grant more rights in this field to CGAs, not less. Most
notably Ontario, which changed the rules a few years ago to put CGAs on
an equal footing by a unanimous vote in the Legislature. This was
reconfirmed by the new Liberal government, again with unanimous support.

The tax authorities recognize statements prepared by CGAs on a par with
those prepared by CAs for corporate tax returns.

All the banks have policies to accept financial statements prepared by
CGAs on a par with those prepared by CAs. (It was the cornerstone of
our business for 15 years.)

So. On one side we have all the Canadian legislatures, the tax
authorities and all the banks, who risk their money while relying on the
work of CGAs. On the other side we have some anonymous ranter on the
internet. Your call, folks.