Old October 20th, 2008, 11:46 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
DerekF

Default Visiting Sydney Area for 11 days

"Vic" wrote in message
Hi,
I have planned 11 days for vacation following some business in Sydney
in December. My wife and I have never been but it has been my wife's
dream. We have no idea what to do. I have considered getting a place
in Sydney and just exploring perhaps. Also, we wondered about a train
or something adventurous to get-us off of the beaten-path a bit...we
have traveled a few places around the world so are a little
adventurous (we don't like dangerous however).

We would surely like any suggestions or past examples how to spend 11
days, originating and ending in Sydney.

~Vic

We spent a weekend of our time in Sydney on a side trip to the Port Stephens
area North of Newcastle and easy to get to by bus and train.
There are package trips to the Blue Mountains but we did it on our own. Air
fares are
quite cheap you could quite easily even fit in a trip to Melbourne.
Derek.