Old June 28th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Peter Webb

Default So sorry about that poor Korean man

"Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
Addendum:

As I have received an email asking about the US snipers in Falluja,
which where documented by a film team, here is another link which
documents this terrible reign of terror (Peter Webb will call it
"liberation"):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...193729,00.html

Excerpt:

The main hospital apparently has been destroyed by bombing and the
second largest is covered by US snipers - the Iraqis call it sniper
alley. So Iraqi people are not able to get to and from the
hospitals. I was working from a private clinic that had been turned
into a hospital, and there was also one other improvised hospital in
a car garage.

An elderly woman with a wound to the head was still carrying the
white flag she had been holding when she was shot. They were all
saying it was American snipers shooting - and we know that the US is
using armed marines on rooftops to hold the parts of city they are
controlling.

That is the only evidence that it was Americans. One might wonder how a
grandmother was able to identify the nationality of a sniper hidden on a
distant rooftop after she had been shot. I would of thought that
grandmothers when shot would tend to fall to the ground screaming, and in
practice would have no idea of where the shot came from, let alone who fired
it. But still, her word is good enough for you. And the statement that it
was done for "fun" that appeared in your post is noticably absent from the
article - you made this bit up, or have you got a link for that as well?

BTW, why did you snip the part of the story which said " I saw boys,
about 11 years old, masked up and holding AK-47s.". Does the fact that she
could just have easily been shot by an 11 year old with an AK47 somewhat
diminish your argument? Or does at least the presence of armed 11 year
olds - and the huge sectarian violence in Falluja generally - make you
understand why the US is risking so much to try and bring some security to
Falluja?

Still, I note, no mention by you of the 500,000 bodies in mass graves
outside Bagdhad. In your mind these are inconsequential compared to the
atrocities of the Americans, of course. Such is racism.

Pleasingly, you have dropped the claims of "ten thousands of Iraqis killed
by American cluster bombs", any claim of harm from "depleted uranium", have
admitted "the wedding massacre" was an unfortunate accident with some Iraqi
culpability, and have acknowledged that there is no substantiated evidence
that of "the poor tortured to death".