Old October 29th, 2006, 11:49 PM posted to soc.culture.greek,soc.culture.europe,alt.travel.greece,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc
Alan S[_1_]

Default Greek Child Murderer tries to wriggle away from justice

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:54:57 -0000, "Andy Pandy"
wrote:

"tim(yet another new home)" wrote in message
The hotel manager, owner and two maintenance staff face up to five
years in jail if convicted of manslaughter.

This is the sort of nonsence that used to happen in the UK.

Each blames the other and no-one is convicted. Now the
rules in the UK have been changed so the responsibility
is farely and squarely with the owner. Unless the other
parties have done something stupid, like falsified the test
certificate or similar, they stand no chance of geting put
in the dock, which IMHO is how it should be.

Why? If it was the manager's job to ensure the tests are carried out, and he didn't,
then why is the owner responsible?

If I own shares in a company that kills someone due to negligent management, do I and
the other shareholders get prosecuted rather than the company's management?

And if the inspection or maintenance that was carried out
was poorly or inadequately performed - why is the owner
liable and not the inspector or technician?

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Florence