Old June 14th, 2009, 09:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge16

Default Sue Alitalia for my lost bags?

No one will buy greg morrow, anyway.

"Gregory Morrow" a écrit dans le message de
m...
Martin wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:55:32 -0700 (PDT), wkhedr
wrote:

On Apr 17, 11:20 am, PeterL wrote:
On Apr 16, 3:55 pm, wrote:

Hi guys,
Alitalialost one of my bags four months ago while traveling from
Boston to Cairo. I filed a claim when it was lost.
I have been trying to contact them for the last four months but
they never answer their phones. The only response I got back was
by email saying that they will settle my claim after 100 days from
the day my bag was lost.
Now it's 120 days, and I received nothing. The bag is worth more
than 1000 dollars.
Also I have travel insurance but they are refusing to give me
anything untilAlitaliasettles the claim.

I decided to go to the small claim court in Boston, but I need to
list the defendant's name, what should I write?

Thanks

Try one of those consumer problem solvers. Maybe your newspaper has
one. Check one of those travel magazines.

BTW you are not going to get anywhere near $1,000 for one loss bag.
What kind of bag is it and why is it that expensive? Maybe that's
why it go stolen. Check your ticket to see the limits they put on
loss bags.- Hide quoted text -

Just an update about my case. I went to the small claim court and a
hearing was decided this month.
Alitalia sent me a check for more than my claim one week before the
hearing.

and went into receivership?

I think I've seen this story before...didn't Alitalia just buy
Chrysler...???

;-P

--
Best