Old May 22nd, 2010, 05:33 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
cactusjoe[_2_]

Default Hotel Deposit - Terracotta Resort, Mui Ne, Vietnam

I think anything more than 30% is too much. Although I did have to pay 100%
of my luang prabang hotel.
I also booked a Macau hotel which is not charged til I arrive.
Everything is different . I booked the air/hotel package to the same
Scottsdale hotel on Expedia as I did last year same time of year, last year
the hotel did not take the $$ til I left and this year they took it as soon
as I booked.
Enjoy your stay I am going for the first time in January

"Sharkbait" wrote in message
We were thinking about booking a hotel in Mui Ne, Vietnam (Terracotta
Resort) around mid December. I inquired about their deposit and
cancellation policy and they responded with 50% deposit now and
cancellation within 30 days of arrival. While I can almost stomach a
30-day cancellation policy to get my money back, is anyone seeing 50%
deposit 9 months out? Hell, I might give them one night's stay 30 days out
but 9 months?

This is interesting stuff when the government predicts a significant
decline in tourism this year.

rg