Old September 2nd, 2004, 03:05 PM
Richard

"Alan Harrison" wrote in message

As a midlander in southern exile, my great London price
moan is about how expensive a pint of beer is down here.
I pay the same for a newspaper or a tube of toothpaste as
I would back hom in Walsall, and can't for the life of me
understand why I get charged 40 or 50 pence more for a
jar, expecially when it's a local London brew like Fuller's.

Really? Perhaps I went the wrong way when I decided to explore England
outside of London (I went to Nottingham, then Manchester) but my impression
was that a pint cost the same give or take 10 or 20p in all three cities.

Essentially nowhere, except that big chain of pubs (Witherspoon?) that I
avoided like the plague as they seemed far too sterile and without
character, did I ever see a pint for less than two quid.

Richard