Old May 12th, 2004, 11:27 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

Default Recommendations - the perfect climate?

...my dentist told me... the people on Madeira... were very cold.

I'd be more inclined to say or "formal", which can, of course, seem "cold",
but is an essentially different mind-set. My experience in Portuguese
influenced cultures has been the "reserved" style of the locals, and their
use of "old-fashioned manners" [especially in public] can be charming. It
takes a little time to get used to... especially for those of us used to the
more "gregarious" American style.

Mila

"strawberry icecream" wrote in message
Howie wrote in
:

strawberry icecream wrote:

the best areas seem to be Magnetic island off western australia..and
Madeira island off Portugal.

Been to Madeira. It is really lovely, but kind of dull.

Howie, I am glad that you said that...my dentist told me, a few weeks
ago, that he didn't like the people on Madeira.

He has been all over the world....but said that the folks on Madeira
were very cold.

But I always loved the idea of southern CA.

Weather is near perfect, but earthquakes and high prices are real
downside.

very true.

The west coast is so expensive compared to the east coast of the usa.

Funny enough, any tv travel program here in the UK, or magazine, ALWAYS
focuses on Florida.

And so many folks here are taken in.

Whewwww.....I would hate to be living in that heat and humidity.