Old October 7th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Jenn

Default world's worst tourists

In article ,
(Blackden) wrote:

Brits were judged the least welcome tourists in an Expedia survey this
summer, but European stereotypes of the Ugly American tourist are
still common, and Israeli and Australian tourists are often said to
match the British for rudeness and drunken misbehaviour respectively.
Does anyone have any anecdotes relating to this? Who *are* the world's
worst tourists?

after this was discussed last spring, I paid particular attention during
my 3 months in Europe this summer -- the Brits win hands down for
boorish behavior [of course MOST Brits like most everyone else is
perfectly charming and decent] Oddly enough Portuguese were unusually
boorish [my favorite was the group of Portuguese who literally stood at
the head of a buffet line, eating and talking and blocking everyone else
from the food]

a few rude Germans, a couple of not exactly rude but certainly clueless
Americans