Old November 15th, 2007, 12:45 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Default An American's Impressions

Alan S wrote:
On 14 Nov 2007 16:05:40 GMT, Frank Slootweg

We have just returned from our 3 week cruise-tour of Australia and New
Zealand. W

Great report and thanks!!

I live in the States and have never been to Aussie land
but want to someday

A warning: Only do it if you can afford to come back!

Our once-in-a-lifetime trip to Australia was in 1995. Next year we
will go on our seventh-in-a-lifetime one! :-) It's a sickness and -
luckily - there's no cure. So don't say 'we' didn't warn you!

When are you going to drop in on the East coast again Frank,
so we can say g'day?

Probably not this time. We will probably do it again when we're
*really* old and grey (not that I can get much greyer) and the (real)
outback is getting too hard.

You seem to like wandering the outback too much:-)

AFAIC, there's no such thing as "too much". Next year is already a
'compromise' because that time we will be driving a 2WD campervan, so no
unsealed roads. We will concentrate on the *towns* in outback QLD and
NSW which we 'had' to skip on this year's 12,000 km trip.

Frank "We *love* the open spaces!" Slootweg