Old March 24th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Cruzinsure

Default Cruise Insurance Question

ALso, I have never gotten a real clear answer on
payment for flying me back if I get sick.

I didn't see the original question so I don't know what exact info you need but
here's some general info:

If you become ill on your trip and have to cut the trip short and return home,
the trip interruption benefit will apply. Here's the wording from the CSA plan:

"We will pay a benefit if you are unable to continue on your Covered Trip after
you have departed on your Covered Trip due to Other Covered Events, as defined.

Post-Departure Trip Interruption Benefits:
We will reimburse you, less any refund paid or payable, for unused land or
water travel arrangements, plus one of the following:
The additional transportation expenses by the most direct route from the point
you interrupted your Covered Trip:
To the next scheduled destination where you can catch up to your Covered Trip;
or
To the final destination of your Covered Trip; or
The additional transportation expenses incurred by you by the most direct route
to reach your original Covered Trip destination if you are delayed and leave
after the Scheduled Departure Date. "

Condensed version: If you cut the trip short for a covered reason (illness
would qualify) the plan will reimburse you for:
A) Forfeited, unused trip arrangements. If it's a 10-day cruise and you miss
the last five days you get to claim 50% of the cost of the cruise.
B) Additional travel expenses to get home. Air tickets, etc.

For CSA the total benefit would be 150% of the insured trip cost. If you insure
$2000 you have up to $3000 to cover A) and B) above.

Note: not all the plans are the same.
Check before buying. The info above does not apply to EMERGENCY medical
transportation which is covered under a different plan provision. If you're
sick enough to not continue with the trip but don't need an air ambulance this
is the benefit you'll be filing the claim under.