Old July 15th, 2006, 07:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
Jim Ley

Default Chirac warns of 'African flood'

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:59:29 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Jim Ley writes:
... the not having any more born was covered too ...

Covered?

Yes, the post dealt with it, you just chose to ignore it.

... it's just as a naiive solution as you normally come up
with.

If you don't control births and you don't kill anyone, nature will
kill everyone.

No it won't, that's simply not true

It's hard to decrease poverty when the population is doubling every
few years and more than half the people alive are still dependents
themselves.

Except of course many communities in the world have done it without a
problem, all the rich countries we have now had growing populations as
they became rich...

Not let people have any children for the "greater good" ?

No. I think people should be restricted in the number of children
they can have,

So you do believe in controlling the individuals ability to have
children for a "greater good" ? If you had to pick a political
ideology that had similar beliefs, which would you choose?

Jim.