Old November 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Lydia Binn

Default My Noise Complaint With Carnival (Liberty)

In message , Carol
Eskra writes
I am a world traveler and have been cruising since 1980, yet I have
never asked for compensation. Fortunately I can sleep with a band
playing, and I am not noise sensitive! Five compensations seems quite
excessive to me, but then some people are always looking for something
for nothing!

That's a bit unfair IMHO. I am not looking for "something for nothing",
I just believe in complaining where it is justified, getting damages if
I am out of pocket and compensation for discomfort or inconvenience.

I am a Mystery or Secret Shopper by day and know only to well what is
expected from companies and staff as I have to assess their performance
on a daily basis. I believe in rewarding good service and complaining
about bad service.

I also know that customer service departments no longer look after
customers and now try to limit damage by fobbing off customers. They
will promise the world if it costs them nothing and the OP's 10% offer
cost them nothing.

5 claims for damages and/or compensation in more than 40 years is not
excessive. It's once in every 8 years just to show that I am not petty
or out to make a fast buck.

--
Lydia