Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:51 AM
Ben

Default GOA (India) advice sought

depends on what you want actually..
if you like to relax in the hotel with a swimming pool and sip cocktails all
day, take a package, they' prob. take you on a 1-day-tour to see Panaji and
the surroundings.
otherwise, there's no problem to find hotels on the net, many travelagents
will be willing to find you a nice deal. Take an AC-room though.
Depending on the season, make a hotel reservation. i think august is a the
busy season (i went there end october/november, when it was quite deserted)

Getting there can be done by train or by plane (easiest) from Bombay & other
places. Check the airlines sites or ask the TA.

personally i'm not very fond of packages, i tend to change the itinerary
often, plus in case ur not happy with something it's hard to quit a package
halfway.

Ben

"Newbie" wrote in message
An American couple would be in Pune in late August. From Pune, we
would like to visit Goa for a few (3-4?) days, and then go to Bombay.

What is the best way of going about this:

1. Should we simply fly to Goa, find a hotel and go around on our own?

2. Should we fly to Goa but then find a hotel package? Which hotel
would you recommend?

3. Should we try to find a package in Pune itself which includes a
flight to Goa, hotel/sightseeing there and then a flight to Bombay?

Any advice from experienced Americans, Indians, and others will be
greatly appreciated.