Old April 1st, 2004, 06:23 PM
Daniél Palm

Default International Drivers Licence in South Africa

On 31 Mar 2004 00:05:59 -0800, (Augustas Kligys)
wrote:

Hello,

I am going to stay in Republic of South Africa for 3 months this
summer-autumn.
Could anyone suggest whether it is possible to make an international drivers
licence over there (at the police station or somewhere else)?
If yes, how much deos it cost?

Thanks for the advices,
Augustas, Lithuania
http://www.kligys.com/en

You can get an international drivers licence at any Automobile
Association of South Africa branch e.g. in Johannesburg or Cape Town.

Unfortunately I don't know what it costs (last time I spoke to them
was more than a year ago and my memory's a bit hazy!) but I assume it
won't be budget-breaking.

Regarding Arnoud's reply, he may have a point there! Here are links to
South African embassies and Representatives abroad. Take a look there
and contact the nearest SA embassy to you and make sure from them.

http://www.dfa.gov.za/sa-abroad/sashort.htm

http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/south_africa1.htm

Cheers.

Daniél Palm - South Africa