Old October 20th, 2007, 10:59 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,uk.rec.walking,rec.climbing,alt.rec.hiking
[email protected]

Default Electricity along Everest Base Camp trek villages.

On 19 Oct, 13:35, Anto wrote:
Thanks Pete,

we do already have a 20W rollable solar panel but since we have plan
to hike without porters are trying to keep the gear to the minimum.

Antonio

My wife took a hair-drier on the Jomson trail, to universal derision.
And, of course, there was electricity everywhere we stopped.
Intermittent, rolling blackouts, but it was there. I think you'll
certainly find it enough to recharge batteries.

My main point however is to encourage you to rethink hiring porters.
Don't be a cheapskate. Anyone who can afford to fly to Nepal can
afford the minuscule extra for this. By our standards it's dirt
cheap, but you'll make a big difference to someone's life out there.
The country is poor enough anyway, but the political situation has hit
the tourist trade badly, and they are desperate. And it'll make your
trip a whole lot easier.

Have a great time.

David W