Old January 20th, 2014, 10:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

Default buses from Venice Marcopolo Airport

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Jack Campin wrote:

I would like to get from Venice airport to Ariano del Polesine
(a small town south of Venice) on 25 April

April 25 will be a holiday, so I expect the Sunday timetable ("festivo")
to be valid (irrespective of the transport operator)

This timetable service was suggested to me:
http://ro.autobus.it/ro/asp/RicercaOrari.asp?User=SITA

Not sure what this site is. I found that usually sites which boast to be
able to handle "generic" queries for buses are unreliable.

One has to find the site of the proper operator or agency, which is not
easy (see below).

Can it be done?

Unfortunately there is no omnicomprehensive site for searches of local
transport buses in Italy (like e.g. rejseplanen,dk in Denmark). Local
transport is under Regional authority. Some regions (e.g. Lombardy) have
more or less good search engines, other have delegated local transport
to Provinces. Some of these have more or less good search engines, other
haven't or have just bureaucratic sites (like
trasporti.provincia.venezia.it/)

This is the site of the Venetian transport agency (the same one which
runs the lagunar boat service, so it can be very Venice-centric ... the
very fact the page talks of "terraferma" [firm land, as opposed to sea]
is very indicative)
http://www.actv.it/muoversiinterrafe...neeextraurbane

I guess Ariano is in the province of Rovigo, so there may not be direct
cross-province links. You might have to find some way to get closes
(e.g. by train) and then catching a local bus, or exceptionally a taxi.

You might try to query on this forum http://forum.milanotrasporti.org/
(it is a forum of competent transport fans, most of them are based in
Milan, but they run each year a context of finding a route in all
regions, so maybe somebody will know). You should be able to post in
English if you can go through the initial interface.

The forum where to post the query is the one titled "Come spostarsi
da... a..." (how to move from... to...). It used to be accessible to
anyody, but now they require to register an username even for that.

The link "Iscriviti" (subscribe yourself) is the one for registration