Old September 11th, 2004, 10:10 PM
tim

"Lew Serbin" wrote in message
om...
I had a bad experience, told below, at a motel and demanded my money
back for that night in May. On September 10, I was told that the
amount would be credited to my credit card.

Yes I was overcharged at a US motel, complained, refused
to sign the credit slip and was told that they would run the
correct amount later.

They, of course, just presented the original slip and when I
complained to my credit card company they said that as it
was an overseas transaction there was nothing that they
could do (I think that they lied, but that's another issue!).

It was only a matter of a few dollars so I forget it, but
I have never stayed in that chain again. It was a Comfort
Inn which does have an operation in Europe so they've
lost all that potential business for the sake of a few dollars.

Smart business sense, not!

Oh, what's my point? we'll they'll probably do the same to you

tim