Old December 2nd, 2003, 11:34 AM
Mobutu

Default "I Am Not American" Web Site Adds Designs, Languages, Merchandise

Javaman wrote:

The full range of "I am not American" merchandise is available on
the internet at http://www.iamnotamerican.com .

I find these shirts offensive, even though I understand the reason behind
them.
As someone who does not, has not, or ever will support George W. Bush,
I am still an American who has done nothing to deserve derision from this
guy.

It's like wearing a shirt that says "Canadians are assholes."
While many are, most Canadians are very nice, friendly people.

I guess I feel like it's making yourself feel better by tearing down someone
else.
Just my opinion!

I can sort of understand a person wanting to wear one of these shirts if they
are in the Middle East or something, but I saw some git walking around here in
Australia in one of these shirts.

If a Canadian person doesn't have the patience to correct someone who thinks
they're American, they are clearly a ****** and not worth talking to anyway.