Old September 28th, 2009, 01:49 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

Default Cashing Travellers checks in USA

wrote:
On Sep 27, 12:04 am, Qanset wrote:
Do banks, Hotels, Restaurants etc, charge a fee for cashing US
Travellers cheques.???

In 2008, I was able to use a US$100 traveler's checque from American
Express at one of the food court restaurants in the Seattle-Tacoma
airport. They did not charge me a fee.

In 1993 I was in Moscow and no stores or restaurants would take
traveler's checks. Those people that brought them had to go to a bank to
cash them. I had brought some, but had also brought enough cash and I
spent very little while there because it was an organized bicycle trip
with all meals and accommodations provided. They would only take cash
that was in very good condition with no tears in the bills.