Old February 5th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Sandy Cruden

Default Bangkok or Hongkong

"Ruchika" wrote in message
om...
Kris wrote in message

. ..
I forgot to mention the arrival day .. its 22nd Jan and its a Sunday

.. are Hongkong and Bangkok as crowded on Sundays as on weekdays? Are
some of these attractions closed on Sundays .. Or do these cities have
some special events on Sundays?
I am more interested in going to Bagkok and want to see "The Grand
Palace" .. read so many good reviews about it. Would it be possible to
see Grand Palace on Sunday in the amount of time I have in the city?
Will I have time left to see anything else? Does it make more sense to
take a city tour in Bangkok?

This makes all the difference, as Bangkok is much quieter trafficwise on
Sundays especially in the morning. IMO you would have plenty of time to
visit the Grand Palace, and even have a 30 minute traditional Thai massage
at Wat Pho, the temple of the reclining Buddha right next door. I would get
a taxi from the public taxi counter outside the airport arrivals hall
straight to the Grand Palace and leave to go back to the airport around
5.30. On the way back most taxi drivers will ask you for a fixed price to
the airport rather than using the meter.

January the 22nd.?............. Are you talking about January 2005???

Sandy
Huay Khwaang
Bangkok