Old April 23rd, 2004, 09:03 AM
Chris Blunt

Default Beware - credit card rip-off

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 06:37:12 +1000, Alan
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:31:22 +0300, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

I am not a "regular". However, your claim is groundless. For instance I will
use traveller's cheques on my holiday next May and June. My plastic cards
are not backed up decently when they get lost. I do have them along with me
though. As you said, paying is beneficial by credit cards. For instance in
Mexico you need cash too.

G'day

Posting from r.t.a+nz. Hi there and thanks again to those who helped me
plan my trip from r.t.e and r.t.u-c.

Forget TCs. Use ATMs. I don't know where you travel to, but you'll find
very few traders outside the major cities in Oz who want the hassle of a
TC.

I agree about an ATM being a better choice, but a TC isn't really any
'hassle'. They can pay it straight into their bank account, just the
same as they would with any other type of cheque. On the occasions
when I've done that the account has always been credited with the full
face value of the TC, with no additional charges made.