Old December 13th, 2006, 03:34 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Ben Kaufman

Default Jews Strive To Restore Christmas Trees At Seattle Airport

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 02:30:05 +0100, Mxsmanic wrote:

Al Klein writes:

That's a nice lie, but it doesn't fly in the face of Christian
campaigns like "Jesus is the reason for the season" and "put the
Christ back into Christmas".

Some people may say such things; I do not. Christmas is just an
excuse for a day or two off work and for some nice meals, decorations,
and presents.

You can't have it both ways.

I agree. But I think Christmas is fine as a secular holiday, even
though I consider the religious connotations stupid and inappropriate.

I think calling it Festivus (for the rest of us) would be finer.

Ben