Old November 9th, 2007, 06:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

Default Tipping in USA/Canada

Rick Blaine wrote:

Qanset wrote:

The wife and I are planning at trip to USA/Canada in the near future.
Is it true that the Yanks are really hung up on tipping, and that
FORGETTING to tip someone is courting disaster???

The only time I've had retailiation for not tipping was in Vegas. A valet was
****ed that I wouldn't tip him for lift bags out of the trunk at a hotel and
passing them to another valet, so he misdirected one of the bags and it took 30
minutes to "find" it.

Ah Vegas...
I once tried to give a cab driver $3 in quarters on a $10 fare and he
refused it. I didn't want to bother him with breaking a $100 bill, so he
got no tip.