Old January 4th, 2008, 02:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sarah Banick

Default domestic travel w/14 yo

"Carole Allen" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 23:10:21 -0500, "Sarah Banick"
wrote:
That's what I did when I took my 16-year-old nephew to Croatia and Bosnia.
The State Dept. website does say to do it. It wasn't ever asked for, but
it
made me feel more comfortable in a post-9/11, baby-snatching world.
International travel is the big deal, because as you know, relatives do
snatch kids in custody battles. As I was reminded, a teenager (taller than
me) is old enough to raise a fuss if he or she is being abducted. It helps
to have the same last name.

My only concern is the airline/TSA...you never know what new hitch
they will throw at you at the last minute..

Or which unreasonable idiot will review your documents....