Old March 1st, 2010, 04:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default Cape Liberty

Tom K wrote:
On 2/28/10 3:29 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
We would not even consider a pre cruise hotel since we are so close to
cape liberty,if we deem it impossible to drive the 1-1/2 hours it would
take to get there,we will cancel our cruise,the money is spent wether we
go or not. Thanks everyone for the information sent to me.

Annie, if you could find a hotel near Newark Airport that allowed you to
park there for free during your cruise, you might actually find it
cheaper to get a hotel for one night. That way you could save on the
parking all during the cruise.

When we flew to St Thomas we stayed at a hotel near Newark airport
because we had an early flight. We left our car at the hotel while we
were gone and in good weather it was no problem.

Some hotels have fly/cruise/park packages, but the parking is not free
and it looks like parking at the pier is much cheaper. Here is a great
website, we used it to book our fly/park hotel for St. Thomas:
http://www.parksleepfly.com/index.ph...20515&trackID=

Taking a quick look, parking at the pier is cheaper.

sue