Old March 8th, 2014, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ex_OWM

Default Oporto, Portugal for Short Break

We are looking at a short break (5 nights) around 20th May. Oporto in
Portugal has come top of our list due to flight availability/price.

Oporto won Best European Destination award last year, is it *really* that
good or was that some sort of fluke?

A couple in our 60's, we are not 'beach people' nor 'shop until you drop'
types, we are mainly interested in wandering around old places and finding a
nice park/garden where we can sit and relax. A bit of light entertainment
nearby in the evenings would be a bonus but not a necessity.

Hotels we are looking at follow, they are all 4*, available on Lidl breaks
at around Euro 50 per room per night including breakfast and are well rated
on Trip Advisor - any experience of them would be appreciated:

Best Western Hotel Inca
Quality Inn Portus Cale
Porto Trindade Hotel