Old March 19th, 2013, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Is Carnival Cutting Corners on Maintenance?

In article , Bill
wrote:

Travel agents can typically sail at deeply discounted prices if there is
available capacity (which I'm guessing that Carnival has these days, and
will have even more of after the recent events). They end up paying port
charges and taxes and maybe a little more.

I expect this is the angle our recent spammer is exploiting as well.

His sister may have been able to book the cabin at a travel agent rate
but I believe that whatever rate she is paying she is gifting him the
cruise. Brian can pipe in he please with actual fact as opposed to my
speculation.

As far as the spammer, what he is offering sounds like a pyramid
scheme. Likely he really does believe it is a business now. That is how
they pass on the scheme up and down the pyramid.... by making the marks
believers who think they are passing on good news.......

--
Charles