Old August 21st, 2009, 09:11 PM posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
ATM

Default Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

"Michael Finfer" wrote in message

There's a Hilton at Gateway Center in Newark, NJ, attached to Newark Penn
Station. It's a short train ride on NJ Transit to NY Penn Station and to
the World Trade Center station on PATH. It's also a short train and
monorail ride from Newark Airport.

There is a ferry that operates from Weehawken to Manhattan, and a light
rail line that will take you from Weehawken to Hoboken where you can
transfer to PATH. From the Manhattan ferry terminal, you can either walk
to 8th Avenue to the subway (about 4 long blocks) or take the 34 St or
42nd St crosstown bus. Newark is probably a better location if you intend
to commute.

Many hotels in Manhattan are close to mass transit, but I'll bet they'll
be much more expensive. I'm getting a rate of $196.71 at the Gateway
Center Hilton for those dates.

Michael Finfer
Bridgewater, NJ

Thank you Michael.
OK, in Expedia, this Hilton Newark Penn Station Hotel NJ is $189, 3.5 star.
The Steraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel NJ is $139, 3 star. But not easly commute?

OK, now I learn about PATH. Would its be convenient to take either these
route to mid-town NUC, if there is good hotels along these train stations?1.
yellow line from Journal Square NJ to 33rd NYC?
2. Hoboken to 33rd NYC?
I assume along these PATH stops in NYC, we can transfer to NYC MTA subway
system easily?
Why is fare so much better at $1.75 a pop, compare to Waterway Ferry at
Lincoln Harbor to 39th for $7.75 ?