Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

Default What is your favorite European megalithic? (other than Stonehenge)

On 2/23/2013 11:07 AM, David Horne wrote:
Surreyman wrote:

[]

Well, Catherine's/Mount Sinai/Desert is a very easy day coach trip (if
that's how you want to do it). It was our introduction to the south Sinai
desert some 20 years ago now, and we've specifically returned to that
region numerous times since (inland, not the plastic coast resorts). If
you like desert scenery, it's beautiful. If you're going up from Aqaba to
Petra, strongly also recommend spending time in Wadi Rum en route (again,
if you like desert scenery). Thanks or the link - knowingly had to miss it
last night but intended to take a look.

Thanks- Wadi Rum is on the list we're pondering. The only further I've
got in the planning is to buy the one-way tickets from Tel Aviv to
Eilat.

Interesting tho' this extension is, it is still masquerading under the
title "European megalithic".

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.