Old July 21st, 2005, 01:06 PM
Dick Snyder

The best ranking system IMHO is AAA or American Automobile Association. You
can find rankings of most motels in any given city in the the US so you can
read about the specific ratings of THAT motel rather than general ones. I
have used AAA for 30 years and I have not found them to be way off on a
review/recommendation. They have a star system rather than a long review so
you can look for a two star motel in Des Moines Iowa and find the price or
convenient location that is right for you.
"Bernie Mayer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

is there a ranking of the various motel chains in the US?

I have so far mostly stayed at Motel 6, which was allright. Clean, some
quite new, no frills, ok price.

I have tried Fairfield, but was disgusted by the roaches in my room.
Days Inn seems to offer a restaurant, making it more expensive.

What about Super 8 etc.?