Old February 18th, 2006, 06:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Travelocity/Princess Single Penalty

Odysseus wrote:
I mentioned the Celebrity single penalty. Here is one that
Travelocity and Princess have collaborated on.

They are offering a $200 shipboard credit on select sailings.
Here are some details.

That's a new one I've not heard before.

I have to pay twice the fare but get only half the shipboard credit.
It appears to me that the cruise lines really don't want singles on
their ships.

You got that PARTLY right, about the first part of the deal, about
paying 200% when other ships typically charge 150% for singles
not sharing a cabin with anyone.

The DO want singles on their ships -- those singles who are
DUMB enough to work out the flim flam -- the same ones who
couldn't work out Ray's flim flam in his SPAMS.

THis was just ONE of Ray's endorsement from a rtc reader:

* Well, After reading all of the nasty things about Ray on
* this board and not believing them a bit, I have to say that \
* he was very rude to me when I just called "Lighthouse travel"
* to inquire about sailing on the NCL Dawn. He's "way too
* busy " to help me unless I guarantee that I will book the
* cruise with him. hmmmm...

That's a perfect first-hand testimony about Ray using his
"Hi Everyone, I received this press release ...", his "Lighthous
Travel" sig as his SPAMMING props.

He is simply sucking customers in for HIS agency. He couldn't
careless about answering anyone's quesitons. He is "too busy"
-- that's true. Too busy gathering SPAMMING props of press
releases, too busy SPAMMING, and too busy stuffing clueless
clients $$$ into his pocket!

Ray is a one-man-band doing all those thing, so others in the
group said.

-- Bob.