Old April 10th, 2008, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Stefan Patric

Default Opinions: Point Pleasant Resort, St. Thomas

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:29:21 -0700, Schultz wrote:

Don't know exactly how secluded this is. It's right along the smith bay
road area. Right next to where the old Renaissance is located. You are
a short drive into Red Hook for some good restaurant choices. Also a
very short drive to Romano's (one of our favorites).

I based "secluded" on photos, including a couple of aerials, of the
overall resort, showing it not jammed up next to half dozen other resorts
with 30 story high rises like one so often sees with popular ocean front
tourist properties. Waikiki comes to mind.

Yes, the resort is on a major highway, but well below it, and with all
the intervening flora, any traffic noise is all but filtered out.
"Quiet" was the most used word to describe the resort in the reviews I
read. And that's the most desired characteristic I look for at any place
I vacation.

And thanks for your additional comments.

Stef