Old January 4th, 2009, 12:44 PM posted to aus.tv.digital,rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Default DVB-T + Analog TV on laptop while travelling?

[rec.travel.australia+nz re-added.]

John H wrote:
You actually watch "Neighbours" ....you poor man!!

You are free to blame my daughter and wife! :-) But on the bright
side, Neighbours and The Flying Doctors are in a way (long story)
'responsible' for our once-in-a-life time trip to Oz in 1995. Since, we
had six more trips, so I'm not complaining! :-)

John H

"Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
.home.nl...
Marts wrote:
Frank Slootweg wrote...

I'll let you know either way, i.e. if I buy it or not, and if I buy
it, whether it works in my home country (The Netherlands), and whether
it works in Oz.

You may be better off getting one here. We apparently have different
DVB-T
standards to most other countries, so it may not work.

They're cheap as chips anyway.

Thanks. I'll look into that.

You travelling by car, caravan towing, motorhome, what? Might be
easier to simply buy a small flat panel television with built in
tuner, either digital or analog and get a portable antenna that mounts
to the side of the van/motorhome, camper trailer setup.

We will be travelling in a rental 4WD campervan. Small, cheap,
light-weight stuff is no problem, because we can either take that back
home or toss it after the trip. But 'expensive'+big_or/and_heavy stuff
is not worth our while to buy. But a portable antenna is a good idea. I
remember these windows-mounted ones from the old days. Perhaps I can
find one which fits on the door-window glass and on the camper-part
door.

Certainly, it'd be easier on the eyes rather than trying to share a
small 9-10" screen with someone else.

*Which* "someone else"? It's *my* computer, ain't it? And she'll be
way too busy cooking and bringing me beer, to have time to watch TV! :-)

But seriously: *If* we have reception, we might watch the weather
forecast and perhaps the news (and Neighbours of course :-)). After all,
if you have outback sky and TV, the former wins hands down!

Thanks again!