Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black[_2_]

Default Air travel - carrying excess of $10k or equivalent

On 23/10/11 17:29, Fly Guy wrote:
William Black wrote:

When you fly between countries, you must declare if you are
carrying more than $10k (or equivalent in local currency).

I know, I do.

Except that in the UK there's nowhere to tell them...

There's no immigration check on leaving the country, just airline
officials and airport security...

So you just walk through with your wad of notes in a pocket...

The following comments were taken from he

http://www.customsandinternationaltr...t-the-airport/

But in reading those stories, it's clear that the US gov't is pulling
out all the stops to rob both citizens and foreigners alike when they
return to the US with large amounts of legal money.

And if you notice, there appears to be situations where people leaving
the US via plane are somehow intercepted by CBP somewhere in the airport
before departure and grilled about the money they are carrying. I'm
especially curious about how that happens...

Like I said, it only seems to be a problem in the USA.

Actually, thinking about it, it may be a problem in India as well.
There are special counters in the arrivals area of international
airports there where you can register any large amounts of currency or
bullion brought into the country.

But these are new and have only appeared in the past year or so.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...