Old December 17th, 2003, 05:46 AM
Miguel Cruz

Default AMTRAK

127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 wrote:
(Miguel Cruz) wrote:
3. why should people outside NYC support NYC?

They don't. NYC is a huge net contributor to the federal budget. That
money then goes out to the hinterlands.

miguel, you don't appear to have a clue, when I HAVE TO PAY A $7 toll
to cross a bridge in order to subsidize nyc's mass transit, I am not
supporting the "hinterlands"

I may not have stated my point that clearly. More tax money leaves New York
City than comes in. This is (obviously, assuming Newtonian conservation
principles apply to money) not the case everywhere.

So your bridge toll may go in part to New York-area transit, but at the same
time New Yorkers are paying even more money to support programs way outside
the city.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world:
http://travel.u.nu/