Old October 4th, 2008, 10:16 AM posted to aus.comms.mobile,rec.travel.australia+nz,aus.computers.linux
Sandgroper[_2_]

Default (Telstra) Wireless Broadband USB Modem under Linux?

"Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
[aus.computers.linux added.]

Thanks. I took the liberty of crossposting this to
aus.computers.linux, so that audience can see what this is about, and
can hopefully help.

An alternative is to use a mobile phone with bluetooth and connect to
the net via bluetooth on the laptop and the mobile. That will definitely
work with Linux. I've done it without problems on Telstra's "NextG"
network.

I would prefer not to buy an UMTS/3G phone and AFAIK my (Acer Aspire
One) mini-notebook doesn't have a bluetooth connection, so that might
lead to a different (for a Bluetooth USB 'stick') driver problem, but
that is probably easier to solve. I'll keep this path in mind as a
possible alternative. Thanks for the suggestion.

These links might be of help.

Whirlpool
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=1061996

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...s.cfm?t=897808

http://quozl.linux.org.au/bp3-usb/#configuring-kernel

http://oozie.fm.interia.pl/pro/huawei-e220/

Naked DSL ?
No thanks , I like to wear clothes when I use my computer

Sandgroper
Remove KNICKERS to Email