Old June 25th, 2007, 08:16 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

Default Allergy cards english to german

Following up to Alfred Molon :

In article ,
says...
We are travelling to Germany shortly and my little boy is severely allergic
to nuts and also dairy intolerant.
I have got a rough translation of the products he allergic to and intend to
make some small laminated cards for use in restaurants etc. I want to have a
message at the top of the card in red highlighting that he is severely
allergic and so far have the following:
Mein kind ist zu streng allergisch:
I will then have a list of intolerances below that.
Could anyone who speaks German please confirm that I have the message
correct?

Better:

Mein Sohn ist gegen folgendes äußerst allergisch:
(my son is very allergic against the following)

That will do very well.
Germans are generally very aware of food allergies - sometimes too much so
that every ailment is a food allergy - but many restaurants are still
lagging behind the times.

It's a good idea to show the card just about everywhere you eat - cream and
milk is a common ingredient in many soups and sauces, I'm afraid.
--
Tim C.