Old November 24th, 2007, 05:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

Default Travel With The Right Type Of Car GPS

On Nov 24, 6:33 am, "Rog'" wrote:
"sharx35" wrote:
I've never been lost and NEVER felt frustrated using
paper maps. Grow some spine, eh.

-----------------
Car GPS is a toy for adults with pretty colors and it talks
to you! Folks, we do not need NASA's mission control
to drive somewhere. But it does save guys from having to
stop and ask directions.

I did that once, while driving thru a National Forest. Oh,
the humiliation! I asked, "Can you help me. I don't know
where I am." The lady said, "Don't worry, I know where
you are."

I recently rented a car with it in Germany. The instructions
were in German and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off
or reset the last route . It kept telling me in German to turn
around to return to the airport.

My toy with the pretty colors saves my ass almost every day. I'm in
at least 20 different cities in North & South America every month. It
takes me directly to my Hotel, to the work location, and back to the
airport every time. However, the one advertised here is not the one
to buy.